For some reason, I think pasta is a sexy food. Especially pasta in long strands. Maybe it’s because I’m a carbaholic. Maybe I have “Lady and the Tramp” syndrome. You know, that scene at the Italian restaurant, where the two share a romantic plate of spaghetti? Yeah, Disney got it right that time.
I’ve made this dish a few times recently, whenever I see live clams available at the seafood counter. It makes the perfect romantic dinner – not too heavy, and it comes together easily so you won’t be stuck in the kitchen all evening.
- Cook linguine in a pot of water until al dente (about 8-9 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and clams to the pan. Cover and let steam until clams have opened up, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and the red pepper flakes. Gently toss the pasta while it heats up, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese before serving.