I’m kinda posting and running this week. I’m back to work, and scrambling around to get all my classes started up. This dish is perfect for when you need something quick for dinner. The recipe is so easy, I almost didn’t post it. That’s the great thing about grilling, though. Keep it simple. Two items on the skewer. Minimal fussing. Okay, I did brine the chicken. Because as much as I’ve improved my grilling skills, I still live in fear of overcooking the meat.
Use the lime to squeeze onto the chicken when eating.
- In a large bowl, stir the water, salt, and sugar until all crystals have dissolved. Place chicken breasts in mixture, cover, and let chill for 30 minutes.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Halve limes lengthwise, then cut into thick slices.
- Heat grill to medium-hot.
- Thread chicken and limes onto skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Rub oil onto the chicken and limes. Sprinkle all sides with seasoning.
- Grill until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.