It’s regularly over 90 degrees, so it’s officially grilling time! As the heat of summer kicks in we mostly cook on the grill. Now that we have an outdoor wok, I’m sure we’ll use that even more.
I love burgers, but hate cooking them. I’m always afraid of overcooking the meat. I’ve made a deal with Hubs: if I put the burgers together, he’ll grill them. It works out pretty well. These burgers came out super moist. The miso sauce, along with the mango and cucumber, added sweetness but not too much. I’ll definitely make these again. I’m sure my mom would love to try them as well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the glaze.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and ginger until
- softened, about 5 minutes. Place onion and ginger in a medium bowl. Add the ground
- turkey, miso paste, green onion, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Combine well and shape
- into 5 patties. Pat them so they are about ½-inch thick (burgers will shrink a little during cooking.) Cook in a skillet or on the grill until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- To assemble burgers, split hamburger buns. Stack lettuce, burger, glaze, and salsa on the bottom bun.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and carefully toss until well combined.
Place ingredients in a bowl and carefully toss until well combined.